Artist impression of Drumgelloch station
Please click here to view a plan of Drumgelloch Station. Please note that these plans are provided for guidance only. While the location of the station and car park is agreed, other aspects of the design may be subject to change.
- Drumgelloch station will be relocated 550 metres to the east of the existing station and will be accessible from Old Boar Road.
- Planned station facilities include:
- 2 platforms, 1 footbridge with stairs
- Waiting shelters on each platform, self service ticket machines and passenger information provided via a call point located on each platform
- 24 hour CCTV for both station and car park which will be closely monitored from regional control rooms
- New and improved access links to key local roads and facilities
- 358 car-parking spaces (of which 20 will be for Blue Badge holders) increased from 0 at the existing station
Four trains will stop per hour in each direction with an approximate journey time of 44 minutes to Edinburgh and 28 minutes to Glasgow.
Primary schools: 1
Key fact: Drumgelloch was formerly a village in its own right and part of New Monkland Parish, however, it became an eastern suburb of Airdrie as the town expanded.